Costa Rica Coronavirus Update
Cream and sugar with that sir?
COSTA RICA CORONAVIRUS UPDATE
Currently as of today, we have approximately 375 cases in Costa Rica with 2 deaths. There have been 2 confirmed cases in our Canton (county) of Carrillo, both of them being right here in our little town of Playas del Coco. The President of Costa Rica has made some tough calls, but I support him 100%.
- Restrictions on all vehicle movement from 5 pm to 5 am. This is mostly to stop people from going out to socialize. They are also limiting day time driving to one day a week, based on your last number on your license plate. You can only drive for basic necessities like groceries and pharmacies.
- All beaches and public parks are CLOSED. There are no exceptions to this.
- All churches and religious temples are closed, even though Holy Week of Easter is coming up.
- No large gatherings or social events; all soccer games cancelled, concerts postponed etc.
- The Borders are CLOSED to all foreigners.
- All bars, casinos and nightclubs were forced to close.
- All alcohol sales have been banned across the country.
- Banks and grocery stores, now have special hours for seniors only, and most have shortened the total working hours. Our local Mercados are limiting the amount of people who can be in the store at a time, and only one person per family can shop. This eliminates groups gathering in these public places.
- Any foreigner with residency, who leaves the country during this crisis, will immediately lose their status!
Boy did this last one set off a shit storm.