What kind of Costa Rica Business Opportunities exist?
Although many of my clients are retirees, who come here to enjoy their twilight years, the dynamics of our community is changing. Younger people are relocating to paradise, in their 20s and 30s, who have that entrepreneurial bug, opening businesses and bringing their children along as well; putting them into private bilingual schools. They see the opportunities that exist here, and want to capitalize, especially as it is getting harder and harder to succeed in North America, with all of the rules, regulations, taxes and competition. Also, many people who contact me are in the 40s and 50s. They are not mentally or financially ready to retire yet, and want to reinvent themselves. They are tired of their previous careers and want to enjoy a better lifestyle, while redefining their lives.
Costa Rica Business opportunities are endless really. We have a big advantage, as we already know what works. We have lived in North America, and seen every type of business imaginable. So you don’t have to INVENT something new, just take the model and apply it here in Costa Rica. It is almost like having a time machine. We know what types of businesses succeed, we know what works; we just need to fill in the blanks.
There are the obvious businesses, that already exist, and there is plenty of room for more competition. Real Estate, construction, restaurant /bars, tourism and hotels, just to name a few; along with spas, gyms and property management are growing and booming enterprises. Water sports, golf cart, scooter and bicycle rentals, are always going to be in need; along with contractor services and home repairs, furniture and landscaping, as the full time residents just keep coming and coming. We are lacking in retail and quality shopping as well.
There are many businesses for sale; check with your realtor. But there are also dozens of needed services that you can start, for a lot less money than you would need in the USA or Canada.
Remember, in order to own a business, work in paradise and legally earn an income you must be a resident of Costa Rica. The easiest way to obtain this is with the Investor status, but the renter status can also obtain you residency, using the monthly overhead of your new business. Talk to an immigration expert for more information.
Here is my advice. Come to paradise and check it out. As you drive around the area, think to yourself; what is missing? If you can imagine it, we probably need it. There is your business idea and your future.
Below are some ideas for Costa Rica Business Opportunities that we have come up with, and I am happy to share them with you here:
- Healthy Fast Food/Salad Bar
- Food delivery service
- Beach Front Bar & Restaurant with Air Conditioning
- Smoked Meat Delicatessen/Butcher
- REAL French bakery and pastry.
- Traveling food truck
- Beach Club in Coco open to public with Adults only section.
- Home Inspection Company that only does inspections.
- Repair, Maintenance and Remodel company
- Pet sitting service
- Property staging company
- Shopping service
- Official translator that is fluent in both English and Spanish.
- Appliance repair
- A/C repair
- Boat Mechanic
- Senior care giver (in Home)
- Wedding planner
- Online based businesses: App Development, Online contract work where companies allow you to work from home, Specialized Call Centers, SEO and Web Design
- Picture frame business
- Home security systems, installation, maintenance
- Landscaping company
- Car mechanic
- Home Audio Theatre installation
- Large Photo Copy service (for architectural plans)
- Fabric and Crafts Store
- Office Supply Store with good selection
- Golf cart rentals and repairs
- Higher quality Jewelry Store.
- Bicycle and scooter rentals, kayaks, beach stuff, etc. that deliver them to your vacation rental prior to your arrival and then pick them up after you leave.
- Garden and Home Center with reasonable priced items to outfit your home or condo.
- Car detailing and waxing
- Exterior window washing especially for 2 and 3 story homes and condos
- Maid and Cleaning service with staff that can be hired for individual jobs. Fully Insured.
- Bicycle guided tours for MTB & Road
- Sporting Goods Store.
- Clay Tennis courts
- Professional Laundry Service with pick up and drop off service for Businesses. And Dry cleaning.
- KINKOS type Service that does business cards, fax, internet, printing, etc.
Come on down baby, see you soon.
Trackback from your site.